Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Have Nothing To Wear!

I have nothing to wear! This I am sure is a common thought among most woman! I know I think this almost every other day!

    It was February 15, 2014 I was sitting in my room in what seemed to be a pill of homework.  Feeling overwhelmed, my brother came into my room.  I panicked! I had a urge to jump up and throw my hands up thinking that by some miracle it would hide the tornado that went through my room the day before. The tornado was me! I had a fight with my closet about what to wear.
    Being completely embarrassed of my disaster of a room I decided it was time to clean up.  After he left I began with the dirty clothes and then folding clean clothes. this task lasted to long if you ask me but i had finally finished.  Then it hit me. As I stood in the door way hoping to feel satisfied. I noticed just how many clothes I have. I have a TON! I thought "How am I supposed to justify my need for new clothes." It came as a disappointment. however I decided it was time to make new outfits!
   I think often times we put together an outfit we love and wear it once a week. Now is the time to find new ways to wear it, thus making old, NEW!

   Examples:

 

   I choose to show you examples with denim shirts because if you don't already have one, you need to invest in one!  They are a hot look right now!
   Find a shirt in your closet and try mixing it with things.  her are some starter points.

  • start with a patterned piece. a floral cardigan or a striped shirt. 
  • add a complimenting color to the piece you choose. this can be done with a pair of shoes, a cardigan, a fun top, or pants. 
  • once you have a patterned piece, a complementary color I then look for a basic color. (most outfits have at least 3 different color pieces. 
  • I then use accessories to finish the outfit and I choose a color in the shirt I want to bring out or a 2nd complementary color to the outfit, if you do this make sure the necklace and the shoes match your shoes. it adds balance through out the outfit. 
  • I always add a belt, I believe it makes the outfit look complete but it also helps with the body shape. 
  • Last tip. You're belt should match your purse. 
for example:
I choose a floral top.
My complimenting color I choose was the blue blazer.
My basic color was white
I decided I wanted to see more of the red that is in the blouse so I add red accessories.
Then I choose a brown belt because I have brown purses.

Now lets talk about the popular trend of patterns layered with patterns.  You will for the most part follow the same directions as above. 
  • Pick a simple pattern (that allows you the freedom to choose a pattern that is more wild. or if you are like me I things simple. so I add simple patterns with simple patterns.)
  • then you choose a pattern that compliments the first pattern. this can be by a similar color or if you have dots on your shirt go with stripes on the cardigan (its opposite) 
  • then add your basic color
  • find a fun color for accessories to make a splash with your cute outfit!
When starting with patterns first start with two simple patterns.
   For example:
 I choose 2 simple patterns but patterns with opposites. 
  • First I choose a very uniform patterned 
  • I added a random pattern of dots.
  • my basic color is in the cardigan which means my complimentary color can be my pants
  • for fun I added the yellow accessories. 
  • I would most likely again go with a brown belt because of the color of my purses but it also flows better with my basic color I already choose. 


Good luck going through your closets making the old, NEW!


Source cited: 
  • Pinterest.com
  • polyvore.com
  • Styling 101





2 comments:

  1. The "rules" you lay out are really interesting. I'll have to remember those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they helps! thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete