Friday, January 17, 2014

A Fashion Risk

Every girl loves the hair piled on top of the head, the cozy pajama bottoms and of course, the classic love story movies.  I am one of them! I am sure even men have their version of this.  Some days I wake up and decide that retreating under the sheets is easier then getting ready. But then again, when we do take the time to look our best, doesn't it feel great!?  

My first memory of my so called fashion trend:
  When I was in Jr. high I decided it would be cool to wear three belts at the same time. Now this is when there were fringe belts, chain belts, leather belts, you name it.  So each day when I got up I would pick out my outfit and add the leather belt, then the fringe belt, oh wait... and the chain belt.  Yes.  I wore all of these to school for a year.  Can you imagine my embarrassment looking back on those days?  This is what I thought was hot!  However, I made the most male friends that year! haha!
   I think all of us have times in our lives when we try something on, look in the mirror and debate whether this is actually a good look for us.  Still to this day there are times I try something new and as I am out and about, walking around, I catch a glimpse of myself and the thought, "No you didn't! Did you really wear that?" comes into my head.  Then there are days I catch a glimpse of my outfit and think, "OH heck yes! Dang girl you look good!"
   Sometimes fashion is about taking risks to find new and fun ways to stand out as the Fashion Queen. Why blend in?
   So here is my first challenge to you, and yes I will do it as well. TRY SOMETHING NEW.  I am sure that there is something you have seen in the magazines or that someone is wearing at work that you only think about how you wish you could pull it off.  Well how about trying it?
   What I have decided to try is a part down the middle of my hair.  I have hated that look ever since my mother parted my hair down the middle as a child. But right now, that look is in and my friend - gosh dang it!  - she rocks it!  She actually makes me want to consider it!  So here I go!
  My next post will be Wednesday with a photo of this look.  I hope to hear your success.

No comments:

Post a Comment